Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Wrestling Match

Ephesians 6:12, WOW!

It has been one of those weeks! I write to you a day late due to colds and viruses that have been attacking my family. I will confess that my patience level is at an all time low as it feels like someone is standing on my chest. I have also been struggling with some relationship challenges outside of my immediate family. And so I wonder . . . what is this all about? Allergy season? Just a virus? A coincidence? Or do we dare go there . . . could it be a battle in the spiritual realm? There I said it . . . the spiritual realm! Don't click the close box yet!

The spiritual realm . . . it sounds so 'out there' and honestly, quite scary. Are there really battles going on that we cannot see? Do angels and demons really exist? I know one thing, mention the word angel and everyone smiles. Say the word demon or demonic spirit and you are sure to clear out the room.

Ephesian 6:12 tells us, "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places."

So . . . I cannot help but wonder if the illness striking my family is 'just a virus' or is there is a battle going on. Science tells me one thing, my gut tells me another. Is it a coincidence that we have been praying and waiting and waiting and waiting for a specific dream to come to pass and we are only a few weeks away from a knowing if it will? Is it a coincidence that I just sent out letters to six Godly women asking them to consider a mission trip to Romania in the fall? Is it a coincidence that my husband who rarely gets sick woke up in the night with his throat throbbing and consticting for hours saying, "I have never felt like this before?" Again, just wondering.

As I lay my head down tonight I will pray for healing and peace for my family. And yes, I will include a few words coming against the 'powers of darkness' but my main focus will be where it should be . . . on Him, my healer, my friend, and the one who saves us all, Jesus.

Be Blessed, Kim

(We love hearing from you so send us a comment, share a story, or a thought anytime.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is another timely post. I am so grateful for the encouragement I receive from you ladies.
Jennifer
www.homeschoolblogger.com/ZephaniahWay