Thursday, May 8, 2008

My Not So Original Rally Call To Press On






Awhile back I blogged about having a life verse. I plan every once in awhile to share other verses that ministered and spoke to me. Today though, I feel like I'm supposed to share a song.






This song grabbed me from the first time my family sat together to watch the movie, Barnyard. I found it funny that a song in a kid movie was something God was using as my prayer time rally call. I thought it was original, even though I remember the song from Tom Petty. I then learned Johnny Cash made the song before that AND others wrote online about how the song ministered them.






Oh well, I still feel like I'm meant to share it. I hope it's a rally cry for you to press on, keep going, and don't back down. Victory is at hand, trust Him today!






Here is a video someone took the song to the movie, Spirit. Gives you an idea.







SAM ELLIOTT



I WON’T BACK DOWN LYRICS






Well I won't back down



No I won't back down



You can stand me up at the gates of hell



But I won't back down



No I'll stand my ground, won't be turned around



And I'll keep this world from draggin me down



gonna stand my ground... and I won't back down






Chorus:(I won't back down...)Hey baby, there ain't no easy way out(and I won't back down...)hey I will stand my ground



and I won't back down






Well I know what's right, I got just one life



in a world that keeps on pushin me around



but I'll stand my ground...and I won't back down(I won't back down...)



Hey baby, there ain't no easy way out(and I won't back down...)



hey I will stand my ground(I won't back down)and I won't back down...(I won't back down...)Hey baby, there ain't no easy way out(I won't back down)



hey I won't back down(and I won't back down)



hey baby, there ain't no easy way out(and I won't back down)



hey I will stand my ground(and I won't back down)and I won't back down(I won't back down)



No I won't back down...




Complimentary "I Won’t Back Down" Ringtone Blonde Call Me Lyrics http://www.justsomelyrics.com/ UGK Bumper and grill Lyrics Sam Elliott I Won’t Back Down Lyrics are property and copyright of it's owners. Lyrics are provided for educational purposes only.



Julie Arduini is a surrendered writer with her own blog, http://thesurrenderedscribe.blogspot.com/. A graduate of the Christian Writers Guild, she blogs for the Christian Writers Forum Sundays as the mommy blogger and is the Forum's book club facilitator. She is active with FaithWriters and has several writings ready to publish in different books and anthologies in 2008-09. To get to know her better, read her interview by Lynda Schab at: http://www.faithreaders.com/featured-author-details.php?id=33%20
To contact Julie, please use the e mail provided in our profile.

No comments: