Thursday, July 10, 2008

He Calls Me Darling

As I've shared before, I struggle with feeling beautiful and being amazing in His eyes. The book Captivating really changed my heart for the better, but I trip up. A lot.



Yesterday I was reading a book on freedom and the truths were swirling around my mind. Attached to our bed headboard is a huge mirror. The mirror seemed to negate everything I was reading. The apple shape body I feel so cursed with these days. The blah hair that needs cut. Chubby cheeks. Unflattering clothes.



Then I heard this:



"You look beautiful, my darling."



It wasn't outloud, but resounding just the same. I sat up, looked in the mirror and whispered, "Would the Lord truly call me darling?"



I didn't say the next part out loud, but I thought it. I thought IF God truly thinks of me as His darling, He'll confirm it somehow.



Fast forward a couple hours. I hear from Maria. I tease her about her post for here and this was her reply:

I'm writing my gate entry right now, darling!!!!!!:)



God is good. And He calls me darling.



What's His pet name for you?



Please visit Take Root and Write's Open House Monday, July 14! Maria, Kim and Julie will be just a few of the writers participating in this amazing site. Maria will encourage special need families. Kim will ignite those with a stirring for adoption. Julie will journey with readers as they claim victory and freedom through surrender. Do sign up for the e-mail subscription service so you don't miss a column!
http://www. takerootandwrite.com



Julie Arduini is a surrendered writer with her own blog, http://thesurrenderedscribe.blogspot.com/. A graduate of the Christian Writers Guild, she blogs for the Christian Writers Forum Sundays as the mommy blogger. She is active with FaithWriters and has several writings ready to publish in different books and anthologies in 2008-09.
To get to know her better, read her interview by Lynda Schab at:
http://www.faithreaders.com/featured-author-details.php?id=33%20
To contact Julie, please use the e mail provided in our profile.

No comments: