Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Beginning To Fly


(We found this gorgeous image HERE)




(For my last post, “Ready to Fly” click here…)

As I begin to expand my wings, I’m finding a few challenges as well as a new sense of freedom. My wings are a little sticky and almost stiff from the position they have been if for so very long in my cocoon. So as they begin to open (in kind-of slow motion) I am hesitant to start to stretch them out…I have encountered some resistance, but at the same time, as I begin to move my wings freely, it is beginning to get easier. I trust that my wings will be held up on the wind by Him.


I trust.


I’ve surrendered.


I know now (finally!)—Hi is in control of all things—He has created me to be His butterfly---He created me to go through this metamorphosis for the exact amount of time He intended.

He is, in fact, in control.

If I worry about things, it won’t change the outcome of anything. If I’m anxious and allow my thoughts to take over, it won’t make the end result any different. He is ordering my steps and has ordained this time for me to fly.


The color and shape of my wings are perfectly made by Him.

So are yours.

Have you surrendered?

Do you trust Him completely?

I feel free to fly and glide against the wind current of His love. He is holding me and keeping me in the air.

It is an exhilarating sensation.

I feel that the weights I’ve carried in my mind for far too long have finally been lifted.
I have made the conscious choice to surrender all. I’ve given up all to Him. I am grateful for the time I’ve spent in my cocoon. My metamorphosis has been a sometimes uncomfortable, but worthwhile experience.

If your cocoon has begun to get hotter and more uncomfortable recently…

Get ready.


He’s changing you.


He’s molding you.


He’s challenging you.


He wants you to trust Him completely.


Get ready.


His freedom is waiting.
Did you know the Narrow Gate Girls are spreading our wings over at Take Root and Write? We are monthly columnists on topics of adoption, special needs families, and finding freedom through surrender. There are many amazing writers over there covering a lot of great topics. In addition, you can find Kim and Julie (and maybe Maria soon) at the sister site, Christian Women Take Root. CWTR is a social networking sites where if you want you can personalize your page, add a music player, pictures, join groups, and more. You can best find Kim with the adoption group, and Julie with the surrender group. We appreciate you reading wherever you find us!


Maria and her family reside in NE Ohio. She and her husband are the parents of two. Their daughter is a person with hemipelegic cerebral palsy.

Because of her experiences, Maria provides parent-to-parent support for families involved in her local early intervention program. Her gift for writing has come directly from the Lord since her daughter’s diagnosis.

She writes a monthly column entitled, “Special Parents, Special Kids” for the Mahoning Valley Parent magazine in Ohio; and has expanded into Parent magazines in parts of Pennsylvania and West Virginia. She is also a columnist over with Kim, Julie and other writers over at http://www.takerootandwrite.com/ Maria's column is on encouraging special needs familes.

She is also a contributing author at www.mommiesmagazine.com. Maria's first published work is in Jan Ross and Jeanice McDade's Women of Passion's anthology, "Ordinary Women Serving an Extraordinary God". The book is available for purchase by clicking on the book image on the right side of this blog.

Maria is very passionate about getting the word out to special parents that they are not alone in their journey of raising their special child; and that they were chosen by God to parent their children. Maria welcomes comments and communication as well as invitations for her to speak to your group.

No comments: