Friday, July 25, 2008

Do You Think He Likes Polka Dots?




Today I had to go and do one of my least favorite things . . . try on swimsuits. Ughhh!! It is a task I do every year or two and each time my body just does not look any younger.





After I dropped my older children off at VBS I raced to the mall to see what I could find. As I approached the swimsuit department I felt myself getting the sweats. There before me were large colorful displays of gorgeous women in the smallest of bikinis without a wrinkle, dimple, or roll. And on the racks were hundreds of swimsuits made from the tiniest pieces of fabric. With a four year old in tow I quickly gathered more suits than I could count and headed for the dressing room. Yes, the dressing room filled with a large mirror and flourescent lighting, and I began.




Too small, even smaller, you have got to be kidding me, are they really that saggy, and where did that new roll come from? Come on do real women really fit into these? Hmmm . . . wouldn't it be nice to have the body of the woman in the photo on display!



Then I had a thought. A 'WWJD' moment. If Jesus were sitting outside the dressing room listening to me and the other woman in the dressing room on her cell phone telling her friend how much she hated her body what would he say? I imagine him chuckling and saying - silly girls. My Father created you and He loves you as I do. You are perfect. I love every wrinkle, roll, and gray hair. You are my beloved and I would not have you any other way. Ahhh . . . He loves me just as I am.



So I quickly picked a swimsuit, dashed to the checkout, and then raced to the parking lot thinking 'I wonder if He likes polka dots.'



Be Blessed, Kim
Have you visited Christian Women Take Root? The Narrow Gate Invites girls are not only involved in the social networking site with fantastic groups to join but the main site called Take Root and Write. Regular columns are ongoing, check it all out. The best thing you could do with Take Root is sign up for the free subscription feed right to your in box. We'll see you there...and hey---if you have a blog, Take Root has a blog roll. Give your blog some exposure and be associated with a quality Christian site!




Kim is a woman who loves the Lord and has a burden for the abandoned, the orphaned, and the forgotten. She has been called to minister to the people and children of Romania and will be traveling internationally in the days ahead. At home she cares for her three children and her husband John. She also loves prophetic worship and writing for the Lord. Her work can also be found at Take Root and Write where she wrties with fellow Narrow Gate Girls Julie Arduini & Maria Spencer, among other Christian writers. Kim also maintains her blog http://divingintohisgrace.blogspot.com/

No comments: