Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Visual Worshipper












I think another part of the Focus message God is speaking to me is to slow myself down and focus on Him so I don't miss even the smallest detail He wants to share.

This week He blessed me with a message I know on my own, I'd miss even if it was on a billboard in front of me. I'm really embracing the message because it addresses a regret I've quietly carried.

I'm not a worshipper. At least I didn't think I was. You've read Maria's posts, now she is a worshipper. My husband is a worshipper. These are people who can stand on a platform and scream hallelujah and praise His name---on key no less.

That's not me.




This week I learned it's not supposed to be that way.


What I've been is a nature lover. In college, even in my wildest times, I still marveled at a sunset. No matter what was going on around me, a water scene like a lake or beach gave me peace I could never put in words.

But I took pictures.



I take pictures of clouds, flowers, sunsets, weather, and nature locations. Recently I started sharing those pictures and even framed them all and placed them throughout the living room. I really had no clue why beyond they gave me peace.

This week He gave me the answer. I believe I read it, but this is what I learned,

I am a visual worshipper.

My pictures are simple, but the clouds, the perspective, I truly don't know how to explain it, display God's mastery. When I go to these peaceful places and snap a picture, it's my worship time. When I share those pictures, I'm on key visually to shout to the world, "Hallelujah! Isn't He great?" I don't need a choir platform for that.


He gave me a lens instead.


Does this resonate with any of you?








Julie Arduini is a wife, mom and surrendering writer. Her personal blog, The Surrendered Scribe, shows her writing resume. A graduate of the Christian Writers Guild, she is also a columnist with Take Root and Write. She recently placed 10th in the JournEzine Christmas story contest about the Good News of Bethlehem. Her verse for 2009 is Deuteronomy 11:1-12. She's a new columnist with the daily online newspaper, The Cypress Times. All nature pictures are from her camera, captured in Upstate NY or NE Ohio.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hi Julie,

I love this! I never thought of my "awe" of nature to be visual worship, but you're right it is. Thank you for giving me this new vision.

Blessings, Melissa
www.homeschoolblogger.com/melissal89