Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Crafted Prayer for Governor Palin and Her Family

Today I'm setting aside time to specifically pray for America. Over at The Surrendered Scribe and Christian Women Take Root, I shared a prayer I was given earlier this week concerning things to pray for the economy. I hope you check it out.



Last month I received an e mail that was a crafted prayer with Scripture to pray for Governor Palin and her family. I did not research the authenticity of this e mail, but felt how could I go wrong praying Scripture over someone?



Each week at the Scribe I try to give a balanced look at the election, and I've tried hard not to let my red blood show over there. But honestly, I'm posting it here because this is a blog of deeper things of faith, no one sent me a crafted prayer on any other candidate (including Senator McCain) and I personally feel she needs extra covering in prayer. There is something in her, not perfection, but what a bunch of intercessors are seeing as a Deborah spirit. If you know Deborah's story from Judges, she had power in her own right, but not once did she use that power for her own good or to belittle the men around her. In fact, quite the opposite. God used her mightily because she had that alignment. The world hates the Deborah spirit. Unless you live in a cave, you have to admit she has seen unprecedented attack since being named as the VP candidate choice.



For that, I feel led to share that prayer. If anyone has a crafted prayer with Scripture for any of the other candidates, I'd love to know about it. I include that e mail in its entirety.



This email is from Rosemary Dupras, whose daughter is on Gov. Palin's staff. Regardless of your political persuasion, these words are straight from scripture and can be prayed over anyone or any situation, of course Rosanne and Rosemary are asking for your intercession for Gov.Sarah Palin according to Psalms 27.


Sarah Palin is a born-again, Spirit-filled Godly person who said 'yes' when asked recently to serve her country. Since then, Gov. Palin asked my daughter Rosanne, who is part of her staff in Anchorage, for prayer, and so over the weekend Rosanne and I put together the attached 'Psalm for Sarah for 66.' It's intercessory prayer using Psalm 27 for the 66 days between the date of Sarah's accepting McCain's offer and election day, Nov. 4; it's not about who wins the election or about politics or your voting choice. We've sent it to a number of Christians across the county so would you also pray for Gov. Palin in this Esther-like time of her life? You might also pass it along or copy any one who might pray. If this request is offensive to you, I apologize. Rosemary Dupras


A Psalm for Sarah for 66 Days:Sixty-six Days of Intercession for Gov. Sarah Palin according to Psalm 27 Pray for Sarah, husband Todd, sons Track, baby Trig, daughters Bristol, Willow, Piper, from August 29 through November 4.



Pray for: Singleness of Vision, Moral Clarity Ps 27:1a - The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?Fearlessness, BoldnessPs 27:1b - The Lord is the defense of my life; Whom shall I dread?


Protection from Libel, Slander, Hatred, PersecutionPs 27:2 - When [not 'if'] evildoers came upon me to devour my flesh, my adversaries and my enemies, they stumbled and fell.


Confidence in Christ, a Guarded HeartPs 27:3 - Though a host encamp against me, My heart will not fear; Though war arise against me, in spite of this I shall be confident. Priorities Devotions, Rest, Balance



Ps 27:4 - One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to meditate in His temple.


Deliverance, Favor Ps 27:5 - For in the day of trouble He will conceal me in His tabernacle; In the secret place of His tent He will hide me; He will lift me up on a rock. An Overcoming Spirit, a Higher Perspective



Ps 27:6 - And now my head will be lifted up above my enemies around me; And I will offer in His tent sacrifices with shouts of joy. I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.
Direction, Wisdom, Surefootedness




Ps 27:7, 11 - Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice, and be gracious to me and answer me. . . . Teach me Thy way, O Lord and lead me in a level path because of my foes.




A Release of Faith, an Expectancy of Good,Ps 27:13 - I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.



Strength, Courage, Endurance,Ps 27:14 - Wait for the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage.Yes, wait for the Lord. And let Your kingdom come and let Your will be done.




'The work is great and extensive, and we are separated far from one another on the wall. Wherever you hear the sound of the trumpet, rally to us there. Our God will fight for us.” Nehemiah 4:19-20 NKJ



Julie Arduini is a surrendered writer with her own blog, http://thesurrenderedscribe.blogspot.com/. A graduate of the Christian Writers Guild, she also blogs for the Christian Writers Forum Sundays as the mommy blogger. She is active with FaithWriters and has several writings ready to publish in different books and anthologies in 2008-09. One of the books will be a quote in Kathy Vick's Simon and Schuster/Howard's gift book, "Run Like a Girl."You can also find Julie the third Wednesday of each month over at Take Root and Write with her column, Finding Freedom through Surrender. She facilitates a group by the same name at the sister social networking site, Christian Women Take Root.

No comments: