Thursday, March 13, 2008

Get a Life---verse!


Early in my Christian walk, someone asked me if I had a life verse. I barely had a grasp on what version of the Bible to read let alone a verse. I wanted something that no matter what came my way, I could look at that verse and go yea, that's right. God is in control and this is what I need to do here.


My faith became personal in 1992 and for many of those years, the same verse has served me well. What is it?


"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6.


What does this verse mean to me? When I have a choice to make, when something is on my mind, I give it up. I know on my own intelligence and actions, I'll goof it up. Big. When I trust Him, it's the way to go every time. I need to do this in all areas of my life, not just the easy parts of life. I have to acknowledge Him in all ways. The visual I have is what if you bought a house and you were handed the deed but learned you only got certain rooms, not all of them? It's the same way with this verse. When you give your trust over to Him, He's going to show you the way.


His way. His perfect way. In His time. That's hard for most of us to accept. I can say when I have truly applied this verse to my life, He has never let me down. This verse exemplifies what I want in a relationship with God, and what I know I have to give, or in my case, give up. My way. My actions and reactions. My timing. Can you relate?
Do you have a verse that really means a lot to you? We'd love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a comment.
By the way, did you know that there are enough Proverbs that you could read one each day and tackle the book of Proverbs in a month, each month? There is so much wisdom in these short writings, I encourage you to read them.
Julie is a surrendered writer with her own blog, http://thesurrenderedscribe.blogspot.com/. A graduate of the Christian Writers Guild, she blogs for the Christian Writers Forum Sundays as the mommy blogger and is the Forum's book club facilitator. She is active with FaithWriters and has several writings ready to publish in different books and anthologies in 2008-09. To contact Julie, Kim or Maria, please contact us at jarduini@faithwriters.net.

No comments: