Saturday, November 20, 2010

Highlights from Sandie Freed's Crushing the Spirits of Greed and Poverty: Chapter 4


I continue my series sharing my notes from Sandie Freed's life changing book Crushing the Spirits of Greed and Poverty. Click on the image to learn more. Check the archives to read previous posts.  These are just highlights I found, the book contains so much more. I can't say enough about what I'm learning.



Chapter 4 Understanding the Deceitfulness of Riches

A disciple is a follower.  They hear and seek to understand.

God wants us to be like Solomon.  Ask for wisdom above all else.

The Body of Christ needs a spiritual heart bypass.  We have to “bypass” what we think in the natural and learn to respond from our hearts. Responding properly proves our heartfelt relationship with Him.

Jesus said if our hearts have good soil we won’t be easily offended. Trusting God for provision is a faith test and chance to examine the hardness of  our hearts.

Thorns are the worries of life and deceitfulness of wealth which choke out the word.  Mammon!

Many worries of life are caused by our concern over provision.

If we don’t trust God for our provision, the enemy comes in and chokes out the Word in us, causing us to stop believing God’s loving desire to provide for us. Every time we fight doubt and unbelief concerning provision, Mammon is involved.

Recognizing a lie concerning Mammon (money, provision, deceitfulness of riches)
-God is not big enough to supply my need.
-God provides for others but not me.
-I’m such a mess God quit caring for me.
-God won’t open doors for me concerning a job.
-I don’t trust God to show me the way for employment.
-I don’t need to tithe, the church has enough money already.
-I like to control my finances
-I don’t want to go to church, all they want is my money.
-God wants to withhold from me. He doesn’t trust or love me enough to bless me.

Good soil produces. Translation for good soil is virtue or dunamis which means “miraculous power of God.”  This was used with the woman and her issue of blood.

A virtuous heart will press for the breakthrough but not pressure God with endless prayers for riches. A virtuous heart trusts for God’s best, seeking Him first and trusting Him to pour out His blessing in His timing.

Deceitfulness of riches blocks the harvest.

Unless there is cleansing and fire there is no blessed fruit.

Repentance is absolutely necessary for healing, deliverance from strongholds and yielding fruit.

One strategy of the Jezebel spirit is to block repentance.

Being blessed is being spiritually prosperous.

Thanking God for good soil, repenting over bad fruit (name fruits of spirit you need help with)  Proclaim John 15 (?) where we must abide in Him.


http://www.juliearduini.com


Surrendering the good, the bad, and---maybe one day---the chocolate
Contact Me LinkedIn Facebook
Julie Arduini: The Surrendered Scribe An Early Start
TwitterLatest tweet: I updated my website homepage to include an endorsement from author and life coach Kathy Vick. Check it out at http://www.juliearduini.com.
  Get this email app!  

No comments: