Saturday, November 21, 2009

All You Need Is Love

All you need is love, love . . . love is all you need. Love is all you need.


Are you singing along yet??


Love . . . that is where He is taking me, where He is stretching me, where He is calling me.


The past ten months I have felt a longing to really learn more about Jesus. As a 'young' believer I had spent so much time on the fast track . . . going to bible studies, reading books, attending conferences, . . . searching, searching, searching . . . wanting more more more . . . and then one day I stopped and had to ask myself . . . how much do I really know about Jesus and His time here on earth. I had to ask myself what was I really seeking?


Then at the end of October my family and I went to hear an amazing woman speak, Heidi Baker. She was speaking in a small church in Cleveland so we decided to go. Her message . . . love. Love, love, love. She shared story after story of how a simple hug or act of love had transformed so many lives. She had my children sitting at the edge of their seats for two hours. How did she learn to love . . . from Jesus. She said to me, "You know I just love Jesus."


There it was right in front of me. And I felt like I had missed it.


So last week I made a trip to the bookstore and purchased a book by Max Lucado about Jesus. I opened my bible and my book and began reading. And I am falling in love.


He made it so simple . . . He loved.



And in John 13:34-35 (The Message) Jesus said,


"Let me give you a new command: Love one another. In the same way I loved you, you love one another. This is how everyone will recognize that you are my disciples—when they see the love you have for each other."


Love . . . Jesus . . . join me:)

Kim

No comments: