Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Checking In...

Remember me? I don't know where the summer went but I can't believe it's been this long since a Narrow Gate post. I know a bit is going on with Kim and Maria, but today I'll give you my update. God is downloading a lot, and I hope in the coming days and weeks I can share it here.

This summer is "watch Julie spin her tires trying to know it all by fall" season. With both kids in school full time this fall, I want to know His plan yesterday. If you follow me on Facebook (Julie Arduini from Ohio) you know I recently wrote how I relate to Noah. I have specific blueprints, limited vision, no rain before, and people most likely think I'm nuts. The praise is I've read the rest of the ark story and things go well for Noah. I serve that same God.

I know I'm meant to write and public speak. I know encouraging women is at the heart of what I do, and that surrender seems to be the brand most people identify my name with. My husband and I are taking baby steps in creating a website. The little vision He's given me is big. Pretty big for someone who doesn't have a finished manuscript. Talk about faith walking!

I plan to offer a newsletter with the website. If folks subscribe, I want to offer them a free short story via PDF file. The story is called Discovering Nancy Struthers. What sets this apart is that this story will continue on Twitter and through the newsletter. I will create a separate Twitter account where readers can learn more about Nancy Struthers and her escaping ways. My hope is to add a chapter with each newsletter.

That's as far as I see it, and that's ok. I've worried, fretted, ate, whined, vented and cried my way through the summer wanting more answers and I am at peace. The vision is coming and He's just asking me to be prepared and obey.

Please join me as I leap off that proverbial faith cliff!

To read my work on a more regular basis, please find me at The Surrendered Scribe.


Julie Arduini is a writer and public speaker living in NE Ohio. Her latest work is included in Kathy Vick's Run Like a Girl, available now. She also moderates the Love Dare over at Christian Women Take Root and thinks she is going to make her superficial goal of watching Smallville Seasons 1-7 on Netflix.

No comments: