Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Feathers and Bombs

A couple years ago I was part of a team that was getting hit hard with "stuff." One person in particular was hit very hard and I had, with others, the burden to intercede. As things worsened, God showed me this vision:

As a group of us here and there prayed, we were tossing feathers the defeated one's way. He, however, was very specific and coordinated and like a "smart bomb", his throws were right on target.

That vision showed me that an united front is needed when it comes to big time prayer. As a writer, even in the smallest sense, I have a team cover me. Behind the scenes, there is a group of us getting together to pray for Kim and the team heading to Romania in less than a month. I don't want to launch feathers for the Lord to Romania. I want these ladies covered in provision, health, travel, connections, itinerary, families back home, opportunities to be intentional, and the miraculous. I want to see targeted smart throws cover them before, after, and during their trip. I want this for every intercessory effort He calls me to.

When you get serious, don't expect the defeated one to jump for joy. If Christ is in you, the defeated one hates you and he hates when you get serious for the Lord. It's not the time to shrink back with a water gun shouting, "stop it satan!" It's time to get the faithfilled AK 47 of intercession out and decree, "In the name of Jesus, you are defeated. You have no business here. So get packing!"

I'll admit, Kim and her team have their struggles as they prepare, and I too am sensing as I agree with them, I'm getting hit with a lot of things that are discouraging at best. I'm afraid on a good day, and in dire pain on a bad.

But I am not holding feathers.

Are you?


Julie Arduini is a surrendered writer with her own blog, http://thesurrenderedscribe.blogspot.com/. A graduate of the Christian Writers Guild, she also blogs for the Christian Writers Forum Sundays as the mommy blogger. She is active with FaithWriters and has several writings ready to publish in different books and anthologies in 2008-09. One of the books will be a quote in Kathy Vick's Simon and Schuster/Howard's gift book, "Run Like a Girl."You can also find Julie the third Thursday of each month over at Take Root and Write with her column, Finding Freedom through Surrender. She facilates a group by the same name at the sister social networking site, Christian Women Take Root.

No comments: